Informa Insights, Marketing & Innovation is part of the Knowledge and Networking Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
FULL DAY at the MASSCHALLENGE ACCELERATOR
De-Risking Open Innovation and Partnering with Startups
The innovation function at large corporations is by nature fast-moving and volatile, building and executing initiatives and new processes to foster new ideas internally and collaborate with innovators from outside the four walls. However, the bureaucracy and conservative thinking that plagues large corporations often filters into innovation teams, the very units that were built to combat the issue. This day will center around strategies for open innovation leaders to de-risk external collaborations and usher in more efficient pathways into their core organizations.
Keynotes and Panels
1. Building Organizational Structures and Internal Advocates to Support External Collaborations
2. Assessing Startups: Normalizing the Potential-to-Risk Ratio
3. Assembling an All-Star External Innovation Network to Uncover the Right Opportunities
1. Board for a Day: Corporate innovation executives are paired with high growth startups, acting as a member of their board of directors for a day. The groups drill down into business strategy, funding, go-to-market, marketing, operations, and partnerships. This activity allows the innovation executives to get an Intimate view of the entrepreneur mindset to better prepare them to interact with innovators going forward.
2. Hack-a-Partnership Competition
3. Late Afternoon Startup Showcase and Networking Reception
MassChallenge accelerates over 300 startups per year across accelerators in Boston, London, Jerusalem, Geneva and Mexico City. The most startup-friendly accelerator, MassChallenge is a not-for-profit that takes no equity and places no restriction on entrepreneurs. They provide startups with the access and resources they need to succeed- from free office space to mentoring, workshops and global network access.
*Must pre-register for this activity