January 29-31, 2019
The Omni Hotel,
Los Angeles, CA
300+ Media Insights Execs Can’t Be Wrong…
Your peers have made Media Insights the industry’s ‘must attend’ event. Collaborate with movers and shakers at ABC, AMC, ESPN, Disney, Twitter, truTV, Comcast, Viacom and more. Bridge the gap between traditional and new media, create powerful new partnerships, brave new ideas and a strategic path for success in 2018.
NEW for 2018
We’re Taking Networking Poolside!
It won’t be a struggle to keep your eyes open for this closing session! We’re taking the networking reception poolside with all the post-production elements you want: MUSICAL SCORING by an amazing steel drum band, DELETED SCENES where you’ll hear the story behind the presentation from speakers and (SOUND) BITES with your peers.
The Multicultural Media Research Summit!
Explore new perspectives on multicultural consumers as one of the fastest growing consumer segments, understand viewing and social behaviors across cultures and generations, explore Generation Z as the first minority-majority generation, gain insight into emerging trends and viewing habits and much more.
Media Legend Award & Celebrations!
We’re honoring a highly respected member of the media research community who has a celebrated volume of work as a leading research and analytics expert. In addition to recognizing the outstanding achievements of this media guru, friends and colleagues will share stories and adventures relating to this person’s time in media.
Meet the Cast: A “Who’s Who” from Networks, Providers & New Media
Tips & Tricks to Help You Spot New Opportunities
Monetization & Distribution
Set New Standards for Measurement:
- NBC Entertainment on Exploring Viewers' Conscious and Non-Conscious Responses to Ad Innovations in Hairspray Live!
- Comcast on Viewer Platform Paths & Loyalty in an On-Demand World
- The Oprah Winfrey Network & Discovery Communications on Re-Defining the African American Viewer
- Screenvision Media on how Environment Impacts Ad Recall and Messaging
- Turner & truTV on Limited Commercial Interruption: Fewer Ads = Higher Sales
Content & Context
Explore Evolving Engagement Strategies:
- Univision Communications on the Passion of the Hispanic Sports Fan
- Viacom on Data Visualization for 21st Century Media
- Columbia Records on Predicting Pop: Using Data to Find the Next Big Superstar
- Turner Ignite on Navigating Video's New Currency: The Consumer Data Value Exchange
- ESPN on Building Bridges: Serving Hispanic Millennial Sports Fans
Uncover Emerging Research Techniques:
- Hub Entertainment Research on TV in 2017: The Big Picture
- CTAM on The Connected Consumer
- Harvard University on Humility Being the New Smart
Meet the Media Insights Advisory Board
- Conference Co-Chair: Jim Bono, VP Research, Crown Media Family Networks
- Conference Co-Chair: Theresa Pepe, VP, Marketing & Partner Insights, Viacom
- Oktay Arifkhan, SVP, Analytics & Innovation, Music Group, Viacom Media Networks
- Mike Bloxham, Senior Vice President, Global Media & Entertainment, Magid
- Bruce Friend, President, Media & Entertainment, MARU/VCR
- Justin Fromm, President & Founder, JF Advisory
- Janet Gallent, SVP, Consumer Insights & Innovation Research, NBCUniversal
- Brian Katz, VP Advanced TV Insights & Strategy, Eyeview
- Holly Leff-Pressman, Chief Revenue Officer, Screen Engine/ASI
- Mark Loughney, VP, Research Turner Emerging Consumer Ad Sales, Turner Broadcasting
- Daniel Marcu, VP, NBCU Hispanic, Ad Sales Research & Strategy, NBCUniversal
Robert McLoughlin, VP, Consumer Research, POPSUGAR
Michele Meyer, VP, Network Research, Univision
Robert Miner, President, Miner & Co Studio
Pam Pearce, Senior Director Ad Sales Research, Discovery Communications
Audra Priluck, Vice President, Strategic Accounts, Media & Entertainment, Vision Critical
Don Robert, SVP Corporate Research, A+E Networks
"As our industry keeps evolving at a high paced rate, I honestly believe that this is the best conference in our industry to stay on top of the ever changing data streams and methodologies we deal with on a daily basis. This year’s keynotes (especially Paul DePodesta, Howard Shimmel and Cathy Cohen) were amazing and extremely informational. The breakout sessions were highly educational, and once again there were great social opportunities to share insights with our colleagues. It’s been said many times before, and it’s true, this is a “must attend” event."
Crown Media Family Networks
“The Media Insights & Engagement Conference has evolved into the premiere event to network and learn within media research. Whether discussing common challenges, initiating conversations to spark change, or simply connecting with friends and peers in the industry, this conference provides both a familiar environment and a platform for change. In a time when many conferences struggle for relevance, the dialogue at Media Insights helps keep your finger on the pulse.”
"The Media Insights & Engagement Conference has become the ‘must attend’ event to hear candid and uncensored insights from the top echelon of today’s TV research thought leaders."
Miner & Co Studio
“This conference attracts a fantastic community. One of the main reasons I look forward to this conference every year is because it brings together a unique group of people – really high quality researchers who share and inspire with the work they’ve been doing in the past year. I love this conference."
Dr. Duane Varan
"I honestly believe that this is one of the best conferences in the industry. The program is always informative and very relevant to the industry issues we face every day. Great speakers, great content, and great social opportunities make this an amazing conference."
VP, Marketing & Partner Insights
Viacom Media Networks